Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Go Home!

An entire class of students was made to attend detention class today. As you know, students should never be allowed to go out after school. They are to stay in school to study until the sun is about to set, before they are to go home immediately. No options. If they really need to go anywhere, they have to do it at night. And some do. Hence, they are always sleeping in class. Schools are schools in the mornings and child-care centers in the afternoons.

Teachers are sleepy too!

Afternoon naps are so precious. I began with an hour nap each day after school. Apparently they have extended to 3 hours per session as the weeks progresses. I even sleep while washing my bed-sheets. How? I don’t know really, I was asleep.

Anyways, back to the students. They did not have to serve the detention after all. One trainee teacher explained that he dismissed the class immediately after the official school hours. Yada… act hero lah, this fellow. And the HOD took turns to “interview” him to find out what happens. And he’s only a trainee. Good luck to him.

PS: The truth is that I was told the afternoon session was changed to a different day at 9am and then told that it was not so at 130pm after the students were already dismissed. What am I to do?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home