Saturday, May 21, 2005

 

Anger

“Famine occurs as a result of greed, pestilence as a result of foolishness, and warfare as a result of anger.” – ND






Nothing in this world is truly constant, especially human emotions. We can wake up feeling grumpy, or excited. We feel hungry, for food, for mental nourishments, for companionship. But we hunger for them at different times of lives. We are animalistic and rut like beasts sometimes but are highly cultured at others. A piece of good news will send us into rapture and a piece of sad news can easily plunge us into misery. In short, we do, and already are living through the entire spectrum of heaven to hell as we go about our daily business. The place to find both heaven and hell is in our hearts.

And sometimes… we feel anger… often…

And rightly so, for anger is one of the most neutral of emotions, aligned with neither heaven nor hell. It is hell when we are angry the self, and drowning in rage. But there is also a heavenly sensation to be felt when we are angry with the injustice and the wrongs in this world and making a determination to create victories with our lives.

But all manifestations of anger have one thing in common. They hurt the body, and destroy spiritual peace. As nothing is constant, nobody stays angry forever. But should one walk away from a creature of anger and allow time to subside the fury pulsations?

Others may do so but not me, for I will never “walk away” from anything that I care about. I will enter the fire knowing full well that a certain degree of rationality will be loss in the flames, and that I run the risk of being burnt. I care not. Burn me as you will, for I will never cease to try to reduce the fuel of destruction. I will pray wholehearted for the right conditions and to continuously attempt to plant the seeds of happiness that will one day bloom and flower in splendid glory.

I am not foolishly brave. I am just dicing in a long-haul gamble that I cannot afford to lose.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home