Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

The second day of the conference

Hmm… actually hor, are you guys really interested in reading about the conference meh?

I got bored writing about it after one day. In fact, I did not even write a lot about it yesterday. Only a little introductory paragraph saying what went on and stuff. I think I forgot to mention that I went for a Sports-for-Life walk prior to the conference. And it so happens that on the day of the conference, the traffic jams was ridiculous. I was suffering all the day maintaining the half-clutch with my van feeling the muscles weep.

I guessed the only thing I remember from today’s sessions was the change in perception I have about IT. Weird, considering that I studied computers for years. Now I have finally seen the light. Computers are LIVING THINGS. They evolve. They are to be treated as biotic elements in our ecosystem. They are foreign invaders that we have to tame.

We will NOT see computers and IT as innovation. They are no longer “new-ish”. Hence, from now on, they are just appliances like our toasters or microwares. Finally, since they are to be treated as LIVING THINGS, it is not about using them. It is about building relationships.

*Ra fondlers his laptop lovingly*

Keynotes:

- Allan Luke
- Peter Freebody
- Yong Zhao

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home