Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

What did you say?

My ears!

Whenever there is an activity to highlight the importance of our senses, the sense of sight always takes center stage. How often do we use the blindfold when we play orientation games and such? It is easy to identify with the difficulties of the blind, and to evoke the charitable spirit in us.

But lesser in the limelight are those who lost their other senses.

Personally, I have always had this phobia of losing my sense of hearing. And it happened today again. Shortly after arriving at ITE College East for the visit, my ears started ringing. I panicked. Every sound I hear is given a 50% discount and I had great difficulties following the conversations with my friends throughout the day.

There were plans to go to KJ’s in the afternoon. I felt bad not going as I was the one who suggested that he plays host after all. But I needed to rest my ears. I will hear nothing but Daimoku for the afternoon. Hence, I just provided a lame reason and excuse myself.

Sorry guys, hope you had a good time.

Comments:
Oops! Before you guys started to worry too much, I actually have a very serious ear infection before see... till my ears bleed... So I'm rather careful when my ears feels funny. But nothing a ear-drop and a good sleep cannot settle..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home