Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

Family and Friends

I felt so much pity for the old lady in the latest episode of “Desperate Housewives” as broadcasted here in Singapore because she had neither family nor friends to depend on and had to rely on a neighbor who doesn’t like her very much. I started asking myself about my family and friends.

I love my mother. She’s a wonderful woman. Yet, I cannot say that I communicate very well with her. I just don’t know how and it’s frustrating. I see my brother about once a month and I’m talking less and less with my sister since… I don’t know… since we started to live on our own when we were undergrads? And to top it off, my fucking father is rotting in jail! There is definitely room for improvement huh…

And to my aunt had the cheek to ask money from my mum just because you visit my father a bit. I know there’s no way you will read my blog, but the finger a few post down is for you. No one bullies my mum and gets away with it…

Friends who had influenced me greatly… hmm… there are many and this list is definitely not exhaustive. But I’ll write out a sample.

CL – [I don’t fucking remember how you look like anymore. ]
SH – [You had to drop out of school and be admitted to IMH!! What the fuck happened? Why don’t I know? ]
ZJ – [You just have to pass away in an automobile accident riding your stupid motorbike rite? Damn you!!! ]
WD – [Where the fuck are you? A year stay in USA and poof! ]
DC – []
AT – [Sorry to confess, but you’re the reason I don’t like JJ very much. ]
TX – [Friendster sux big time huh…]
QF – [I felt so totally betrayed by you yet I cannot muster any hate. Ya… I’m weak. ]
HS – [After so many years, all we can do and nod and smile when we see each other. ]
KM – [Working till 11pm each nite? Pls lo… do something about it…]
CT – [The one who came closest to how my mind works but chose to leave. ]
JH – [I have no idea what you are chasing, really…]

Honestly, I don’t know how much to trust friendship. The days of Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are long gone. But I miss every one of you still… There are 3 categories of friends: Friends for wining and dining; Friends for knowing the heart; Friends for sharing of dreams. How many of each do I have left? I don’t know.

Comments:
hey dude, u need no one to live. U can be happy if u are happy with urself
 
hey Ra,

instead of trying to look for the 'perfect' friend, be one yourself. and soon you'll find that friends that really matter to you will walk beside you, thru think and thin...

all d best in d quest for friendship
 
It is not possible to look for a perfect friend. But one should not just be yourself forever too!

"The only constant in this world is change"

I believe that!

My rant is not about not having a perfect friend. But as I categorized friends as:

1 – Friends for wining and dining
2 – Friends for knowing the heart
3 – Friends for sharing of dreams

I wondered often why many cannot move beyond the first category to the second or third. I am accusing society. It is the work of society that narrows the hearts of human interaction and shut the doors of spiritual dialogues.

The world is ours to change!

Cheers! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home