Friday, July 08, 2005

 

I see YOU!

A translation of an African tribe’s exchange of greeting:

Host: I see you!

Guest: I am here!

= = = = =



A simple exchange, yet highly profound. It demonstrated that humans are social creatures and hence, our humanity must be integrated into the society or community we function in. Because conversely, if the host fail to initiate the greeting by acknowledging the presence of the guest, it represents that the guest does not exist in that social context.

Only when we are acknowledged by others, can we be said to have truly existed as a human being in our encounters.

Always acknowledge the people around you who made an impact to your lives. Always appreciate the people who contributed to your growth as a human. For the ability to cultivate a sense of gratitude is what differentiates Man from Beast.

Comments:
very chim man
 
LOL... paiseh... I know I do have the tendency to go the "chim" path once in a while.. haha.. :p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home