Monday, July 25, 2005

 

A New Departure

On the 23rd July, I was officially transferred from ASD to NYPSD. I guessed I wasn’t at all unprepared for it. I had a nagging suspicion that I would be posted to NYPSD, TPSD or NRPSD when I was first attached to HQ1 for the YCF. Due to my involvement in HQ1 YCF, I had had difficult keeping in rhythm with the pulse of the ASD which was in HQ3 YCF. It was a struggle. I cannot honestly say I created any waves in ASD. I was merely a passenger that observed and helped with the oars occasionally. But it was a pleasing stay.

Here in NYPSD, I am finally trusted with the responsibility as a co-captain of this promising vessel. How do I steer it?

I do not know the strengths and weakness of my crew yet. But I do know the direction. The Polaris points the way. I had been trained by the Lion King, therefore, I must share the same roar as my mentor!

The NYPSD began our campaign with study session the following day. Traveling to TSC early in the morning, I finally met my crew members. Full of vigor, as we pledge to advance our course, and make NYPSD even stronger than before.

Adjourned to ICA for the YCF union after the study session. Another day to feel hot tears roll over my cheeks. Deeply touched once again by the struggles over the past 3 months. Ended the day by participating in the “Big Bang Exercise” for a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

= = = = = = =


I learnt that she was finally preparing for ROM. Hers, was the first hand I held tenderly, as an innocent teenager about 10 years ago. She was my first crush and target for infatuation. Our relationship did not last long, but it did form a part of my history. Today, we remained good friends and she is someone I could discuss anything with. A truly charming girl.

There is an indescribable emotion flooding all my senses. A strange longing, for something I do not know. Maybe it is the knowledge that time will never be reversed and that we can never see the darkest of Death or the brightness of the Sun directly with our naked eyes.

I send her my virtual congratulations.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home