Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Many Lives, Many Masters

The week-long term break is drawing to a close soon, and once again, I feel that the break is simply insufficient. But society is so competitive now that too much rest is deemed criminal. How unfortunate!

I did mention some time back that I will review the book “Many Lives, Many Masters” by Dr Brian Weiss. So here goes:

In a nutshell, this book reconfirmed my personal belief in the existence of reincarnation. That said, I firmly believe that the story in the book is not all factual despite the author’s claim. However, I am agreeable to the idea that the story is based on events that did happened.

Dr Weiss’s dilemma is true when he began to tell the extraordinary story of how his and his patient’s concept of death is thoroughly altered. And his telling will meet many obstacles because of the deeply engraved traditions of the Christian beliefs among the English-speaking world. That is why I think his language and telling had been seriously edited so that it will be easier to digest for the said group. But Buddhists and Hindus will have no problem accepting his arguments and tally them with their own perspectives.

A good read nonetheless, although personally, I was expecting more and was slightly disappointed. But the attempt to dispel the fear of death among the readers is truly admirable and I salute the effort.

Alright, back to the present again. I am juggling “Musashi” by Eiji Yoshikawa and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” simultaneously. Damn the holidays. I started it ambitiously but have my doubts about being able to complete them before the week is up.

Got an email stating that I may have a change of classes when the school resumes. Feeling a bout of resistance as I felt that I had connected with my current batch of students and harbors the desire to really see them through till graduation. But alas, the deciding power is not with me. I should have to wait and see.

Comments:
You managed to find time to read during your one week break. Impressive......i mean most teachers would be quite busy during the term break giving remedial classes, marking homeworks and what not.

Anyways I do believe in the existence of reincarnation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home