Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

6488

Today, I became a house-owner, finally upgrading to a larger flat.

It feels kind of weird initially I guessed, but I think I’ll get used to it. The idea is that it is no longer a case of me staying with my mum, but my mum staying with me. Although it is just an adjustment of status, but the sense of responsibility is mounting. I think I cannot ignore the fact that my mum will age eventually. I have to step up and take more charge of my household.

The memory was still vivid. There was a time when my family does not even have a roof over our head. We had to have relatives taking us in. honestly, during those times, I really felt second class. A tiny room for the whole family and a constant awareness that even at home, we are not, and have to be careful about damaging furniture, using too much electricity and water, etc. It was truly uncomfortable.

I am not ungrateful. At least we are provided with a roof over our heads. I have decent relatives. But they are relative. It felt different. A home is usually shared with families, not relatives. Although for many, the distinction is not clear. It is mainly psychological I guessed.

My mum had only up to a secondary education. She had 3 school-going children then. It was a tough time. She survived and won brilliantly.

But today, only in my mid-twenties, I own my own flat. So do my elder brother. All 3 siblings have our own vehicle to travel all around Singapore. Yes! I am very proud of what we had achieved. I will not take it for granted.

We had definitely come a long way. It is the good fortunate accumulated through years of dedicated efforts towards kosen-rufu – The movement of Soka Gakkai, which is an organization dedicated to the noble ideals of Peace, Culture and Education. Championing the highest ideals of goodness will never fail to eradicate negative karma. Benefits will definitely be showered upon the sincere votaries of the Wonderful Law of Life. I will always cherish this thought.

Comments:
thx
 
a new flat....a car and whats next? a wife?
 
LOL.

A wife? hmm... unfortunately, there are currently no applicant for that vacancy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home