Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Dialogue with Nature

Some humble verses inspired by photos taken by Daisaku Ikeda whom I regard as my mentor in life.


Youth! Climb!
Ever Higher
For is it not the right of the young
To cherish lofty dreams?

~ Ra (On the Passion of Youth)



To some, I am the shadow
But truly, I am the Sun
The light that will illuminate the entire world
Many may not understand me
And you may even be satisfied with just the light
From the reflections of the water
But I will continue to provide my light
And dispel every dark cloud in your sight

~ Ra (On his conviction in Nichiren Buddhism)


Do you see the farmers or the long grass they harvest?
I see both.

For they are one and the same The world of nature, is
also the world of mankind.

They will thrive as mankind advance Or bleed
if humanity fails.

~ Ra (On the Oneness of Man and Environment)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home