Monday, October 24, 2005

 

YOKANO

It had been a week of music. I first met Mr Yokano when he came to Singapore to perform for the first time in 2003. I was totally awe-struck by his optimism and hopeful outlook towards life despite being blind. Of the basic five senses of the human being, I would rate the loss of sight as the one that would cause the most inconvenience. Hence, I truly admire his courage and determination to pursue his dreams regardless of his handicap.

Cherishing Dreams! That is one of the treasures of the youth heart. I must never forget that!

Read more about Mr Yokano here.

On his current visit, I would rate his playing of the Song of Human Revolution as the highlight. How I missed that song. It never fails to stir deep emotions within me.

I will take my stand.
You will take your stand.
Each in our own ways for Kosen-rufu!
Stand courageously alone in the vanguard!
Hold high the flag of justice and courage.
Let us open the way for a new civilization to
blossom.

I will forge ahead.
You will forge ahead.
We march through the blizzard's fury!
We stand undaunted by the storm!
We must be true Bodhisattvas of the Earth.
We have a mission to fulfill in this world.

I will look ahead.
You will look ahead.
Keeping the wonderful rainbow in sight!
Watch the new century dawns with awesome brilliance!
Let the light of human revolution shine.
Let my light of human revolution shine.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home