Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Care

It had been a long time since I gave serious thoughts on what I should write on this blog. Have been rather casual in my past few posts. I guessed it was because I am putting more effort in another blog which I started for my students which I entitled “MRC University”.

But something bothered me quite a bit over the past few days. I was wondering if the NYPSD is doing right? Morale is low. And I was pondering really hard about it. It was at this time that I learnt that Kim Teck will be graduating from the YMD to the MD. He will be missed. He had been the gentle giant, and I truly admire his style and composure. In his last speech as our YMD zone chief, I undoubtedly felt his compassion. I will never forget his definition of “Brothers” and “好汉”.

Campaigns will always be there to be fought. I am a warrior. I too will join in the fight. I can perfectly understand why people are trying very hard to convince others of their faith and philosophy. I am also willing to share Buddhism with anyone because I am absolutely convinced of its validity and its ability to help others lead better lives.

But oftentimes, people at the height of their passion lost the true meaning of sharing the faith. The practice of faith must be a joyous undertaking. Each individual whom we encouraged to take up faith have to become happier people because that is the purpose. We must never lose sight of it. There may be times where aggression may be necessary to dispel erroneous thoughts. But mostly, people are happy only because there is a heart-to-heart connection. We are happy because we believe that there are people who cared, and cared sincerely through the heart.

I must never forget to care.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home