Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Sensei Replied

Sensei replied my letter to him on sent on the 16 March 2007. An irrepressible joy welled from within me. I must not let my mentor down.

A few quotes from one of my favorite Gosho, the Letter to Kyo’o

‘The lion, king of beasts, is said to advance three steps, then gather himself to spring, unleashing the same power whether he traps a tiny ant or attacks a fierce animal. In inscribing this Gohonzon for her protection, Nichiren is equal to the lion king. This is what the sutra means by "the power of an attacking lion." Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?’

‘A sword will be useless in the hands of a coward. The mighty sword of the Lotus Sutra must be wielded by one courageous in faith. Then he will be as strong as a demon armed with an iron staff. I, Nichiren, have inscribed my life in sumi, so believe in the Gohonzon with your whole heart.’

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home