Friday, March 02, 2007

 

Whampoa West

“Bodhisattva Never Disparaging of old said that all people have the Buddha nature and that, if they embrace the Lotus Sutra, they will never fail to attain Buddhahood. He further stated that to slight a person is to slight the Buddha himself. Thus, his price was to revere all people. He revered even those who did not embrace the Lotus Sutra because they too had the Buddha nature and might someday believe in the sutra.”

To believe in the Lotus Sutra is to develop an utmost respect for the dignity of humanity. Today, I would be appointed as a Chapter Leader. I most revitalize myself once again to meet this new challenge. Bodhisattva Never Disparaging will be my starting point. I do not know what I will do or what I can accomplished. But I am here as a representative of my mentor’s disciple.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home